Adult Bible Study Opportunities
TUESDAY AFTERNOON BIBLE STUDY—Drop in Tuesday afternoon bible study with Pastor Ken. Begins Tuesday January 12 from 1pm—2pm in the Parlor, through May 17. All are welcome!
FAITH CIRCLE TO BEGIN NEW BIBLE STUDY—Faith Circle is a group of women that meets from 7 to 9 p.m. the third Monday of the month at church. Our next meeting will be Sept. 16. We gather for fellowship the first hour, then have an informal Bible study the second hour. The study is taken from Gather magazine, and this year's session is titled "In Good Company: Stories of Biblical Women." Gather is the magazine of Women of the ELCA, and is published ten times a year. Cost is $15. Faith Circle also participates in ministry opportunities at Grace including Mistletoe Magic bake sale, Christmas Family Sharing and special events. New members are always welcome. For information, call Marylee Steinwehe at 815-338-7323.
MONDAY NIGHT SMALL GROUP BIBLE STUDY- Please join us for an eight week Bible study on the book of Matthew. We will be using the Book of Faith materials and sessions will include:
1. The Birth of the Messiah (Matthew 1:18—2:12)
2. This Is My Son, the Beloved (Matthew 3:13—4:11)
3. You Are the Salt of the Earth (Matthew 5:1-16 [17-20], 21-48)
4. You of Little Faith (Matthew 14:13-36)
5. Who Do You Say That I Am? (Matthew 16:13—17:9 )
6. Where Two or Three Are Gathered in My Name (Matthew 18:1-22 [23-35])
7. My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me? (Matthew 27:32-56)
8. I Am with You Always (Matthew 28:1-10 [11-15], 16-20)
We will divide this study into two sections. We will discuss the first four sessions before the holidays meeting on October 10 and 24 and November 7 and 14. As a group we will determine when to complete the final four sessions after the holidays.
The group meets at 6:45 pm on Mondays. Sessions usually last 60-75 minutes depending on the discussion. A sign-up sheet is located on the activity board. If you have any questions, feel free to call Mary Beth MartinBellavia (815-338-5194).